Students attending PPoPP may be eligible for a travel grant to reimburse travel expense associated with attending PPoPP. The travel grants are funded in part by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
National Science Foundation Grant (NSF)
- Extended Application Deadline: January 9, 2015
Students currently attending a university located in the U.S. may be eligible the NSF Grant. To apply for the NSF travel grant a student must provide:
- A resume
- A cover letter stating the student’s reason for attending
PPoPP symposium and a description of his or her research interests including:
- If the student will be presenting a paper at PPoPP
- If the student is an author of a paper at PPoPP or an associated workshop
- Confirmation of the student’s resources and amounts of funding to travel to the symposium including estimated travel expenses
- A letter from the student’s advisor that:
- Recommends that the student attend PPoPP
- Confirms the student’s eligibility to attend the symposium
- Endorses the student’s potential for research
This documentation should be collected by the student and emailed to PPoPP’s Student Travel Committee (consisting of Dr. Torsten Hoefler and Dr. Stephane Zuckerman) at: email@example.com.
The extended application deadline is January 9, 2015. The committee will attempt to notify students regarding the status of their travel grant prior to the conference early registration deadline of January 11, 2015, but the notification may be later.
Reimbursable expenses include airfare, ground transportation, lodging, symposium registration fees, and meals and incidentals subject to a maximum per diem amount (see San Francisco per diem rates).
Students who will get reimbursements must fill out a travel expense form (to be sent out) and provide original receipts. Additional details will be provided via email after the conference for students who receive a travel grant.
We encourage students who are female, minority, or from other underrepresented groups to apply for this funding.
Since PPoPP is co-located with CGO students should only apply for an NSF travel grant from either CGO or PPoPP but not both.
SIGPLAN travel grants:
For students members of ACM who are co-authors or presenter of an accepted paper at PPoPP’15, the SIGPLAN Professional Activities Committee (PAC) can provide support to attend PPoPP’15. The SIGPLAN PAC expects application for these funds only when it would not be possible to attend the meeting otherwise. Applications will be evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis. More info at: http://pac.sigplan.org/.